Retail Manager / Water Lab Technician
We are looking for a high-performing, sales-driven Retail Manager and Water Lab Technician in our pool and spa retail store who will be responsible for helping customers with pool and spa needs such as water analysis, managing retail sales, and creating an unforgettable customer experience in our award-winning retail store. You will get to know repeat customers who bring in water samples weekly, which enhances the friendly, family-like atmosphere of our small business. This is a customer-facing position in a fast-paced environment where you will get the opportunity to solve customers’ problems and help them maximize their backyard paradise.
Pay: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
Sign-on bonus: $1,000 at 6 months and an additional $1,000 at 12 months
- Prepare sales, revenue, and expense reports with realistic forecasts.
- Analyze pool and spa water and provide product recommendations.
- Answer customers’ questions about specific products/services
- Coordinate with other team members to provide excellent customer service (especially during peak times)
- Provide customer feedback to the Store Manager
- Continuous education through workshops, seminars, and conferences
- At least 5 years of experience in a pool and spa retail store or in the pool and spa industry
- At least 5 years of experience with computerized water analysis
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Familiarity with consumer behavior principles
- Knowledge of inventory stocking procedures
- Basic math skills
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Excellent communication skills, capable of building trusting relationships
- Ability to perform in fast-paced environments
- 40 hours work week
- Typical business hours are 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM Tuesday – Saturday
- The retail store is closed on Sunday and Monday
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Employee discounts
- Company shirts
- On-site fitness and employee recreation area
If you have at least 5 years of sales and computerized water analysis experience, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.